I want to update my room, but I don’t really want to rip out the dark wood paneling, what can I do?
1. Clean it with TSP (trisodium phosphate). This will clean any dirt off the surface.
2. Prime it. Apply 1 coat of a qualtiy primer to ensure proper adhesion.
3. Fill nail holes as needed with wood filler and sand smooth.
4. Clean with cloth or vacuum sanding dust off the surface.
5. Caulk the gaps as needed and let the caulk dry.
6. Paint it with 2 coats of your ideal color sheen and enjoy your new look!
If you don’t want to take on this do-it-yourself painting project yourself, please contact us and we happily provide you a free estimate!